Would you like to contribute to the improvement of the quality of education worldwide?
Hello! We’re excited to see you found your way to this job opening. That must mean you share our ambition to ensure learners around the world enjoy their fundamental human right to quality education, without exception. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
But first things first. Allow us to introduce ourselves, drawing on the great mystery behind our name. Since our establishment in 1982, ‘VVOB’ has evolved from a complex (Dutch) acronym to a stand-alone concept meaning education for development:
- VVOB stands for ‘commitment’ – to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
- VVOB stands for ‘integrity’ and ‘mutual respect’ – in working with our partner organisations across 10 countries / three continents.
- VVOB stands for ‘quality’ and ‘innovation’ – of everything we do in our effort to improve education worldwide.
Do you still feel like you are in the right place? Great, because we are hiring an expat Education Advisor to support the implementation of programmes in Uganda (you will be based in Kampala and will make frequent visits to partner institutions in other locations).
VVOB in Uganda:
The current and upcoming Belgium-funded multi-year programmes in Uganda want to make sure that youth graduating from secondary general education and secondary TVET are motivated to engage in agriculture and have the skills needed for employment and entrepreneurship in the sector. The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and VVOB want to achieve this goal by improving the quality and relevance of secondary agricultural education and training. VVOB contributes specifically by strengthening teacher and instructor professional development.
Purpose of the function:
As Education Advisor you will play a key role in the implementation of the current Belgium-funded multi-year programme (2019-2021) and have the opportunity to shape and implement the next one (2022-2026).You will work in a small team of Education and Agricultural Advisors led by a Project Coordinator, that works hand in hand with a MEAL Advisor and with the Finance and Operations Team. You will report directly to the Country programmes Manager in Kampala.
Are you curious to see how your workweek would look like as education advisor? Read the full job announcement here.
Qualifications, experience & competencies you bring to our team:
This position is an expat position, which means the position is open to all staff who are not a citizen of the country where the position is located.
- A Master’s degree a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 2 years international (working) experience in Low and Middle income countries.
- You have strong practical knowledge and at least 2 years experience in technical and vocational education, preferably in agriculture.
- You have experience with professionalization trajectories in education, preferably with teacher trainers and (their) supervisors.
- You have experience in setting up change processes and institutional capacity building.
- You have experience in the formulation and follow-up of high-quality educational programmes .
- Strong time and project management skills (planning, budgeting, report writing).
- Strong intercultural skills and the ability to work with colleagues and partners in multiple countries and contexts.
- Flexible with a proven ability to multitask and adjust to changing circumstances.
- English proficiency: CEFR level C1
VVOB core competences:
- Results & goal oriented
- Lifelong learning and improvement
Function specific competencies:
- Powerful communicator, strong listening, speaking and writing skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic skills
- Development oriented
- 360° empathy
What we’re offering:
- A full-time contract until 31/12/2026, with the possibility of extension depending on the availability of donor funding;
- An initial salary between €44,564 and €54,950 gross per year depending on relevant work experience, including holiday allowance and 13th month;
- An attractive expat benefits package including the shipping of personal belongings, an initial settlement allowance, insurances, housing allowance, school fee allowance, annual family home travel ticket and pension savings.
- A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- An exciting job in a growing organization with varied responsibilities and opportunities for professional development.
Your motivation letter and a detailed CV are expected to be sent by e-mail no later than November 30th 2020, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to refer to the job title in the subject line of your e-mail.
Shortlisted candidates will take a written test, go through an interview process and an assessment, before a final offer.
VVOB firmly believes that quality education can only be achieved if equity is ensured. Qualities of people prevail, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or disability.
Is this not exactly the job you are looking for? Please have a look at our other vacancies at https://www.vvob.org/en/vacancies
EMPLOYER BRANDING: hoe je je via het personaliseren van werk in de markt zet als een aantrekkelijke werkgever
Zo veel mogelijk mensen zo lang mogelijk aan het werk houden lukt alleen als werknemers volop kansen krijgen om hun werk te personaliseren.
In deze blogpost geeft arbeids- en organisatiepsycholoog David Ducheyne 8 tips om dat succesvol te doen in jouw organisatie.
Waarom sociocultureel werk naast sensationeel ook heel essentieel is in de maatschappij waarin we leven? Je ontdekt het in onze video.
Belangenbehartiging in 2019, dat was opnieuw een jaar vol cao’s, overleg, vergaderingen binnen de paritaire comités en beheerscomités. En daar bovenop ook nog eens het jaar waarop we naar de stembus trokken voor verkiezingen op maar liefst 3 bestuursniveau's. In dit artikel lees je hoe we ons hebben ingezet voor jouw belangen als socioculturele werkgever.